21 July 2012

The "Pharmer's" Mind in UNMC -- 1 --

Hello everyone. ^^ Hope you are in the middle of enjoying holidays! You have to be quick if you haven't do anything you wanted before the new academic year starts!

Alright alright, for introduction, this post, "The Pharmers Mind in UNMC" will be showing about the students' life in Pharmacy course in University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus. This giving the students of Pharmacy course a chance to write a post in PharmNotts blog(no offensive x)). They can either write or put up photos with descriptions.

This idea came up suddenly from my mind as I am thinking to promote PharmNotts blog, especially to the people who are soon to join UNMC Pharmacy course or thinking to join us. This giving them some ideas of our Pharmacy student's life in UNMC. So, please do leave comments if you have any advice or ideas or even anything to ask kay? I will update the this blog once my coursemates send me their post (probably on the weekends). Remember that this is not compulsory for all the coursemates to write. ^^ (no forcing). Okay, shall we begin with the first post? ^^

Magdalene Foo
IT Officer of PharmNotts 2012/2013
------------------------------------------------------------------

Assalaamu’alaykum and hi peeps! I hope all of you have been enjoying the summer break so far, whichever way you chose to spend it.. Dear Mag has kindly offered me a chance to write a post for PharmNott’s blog, and I thought, well, why not? Heheh.. So here goes then..

My first year here at University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus is now over..and one thing I must say, is that time seems to fly super fast. Without realizing it, I’m already one step closer towards becoming a pharmacist. Surprisingly, I guess I’m not the only one who seems to feel that time is speeding by. Coming back home for the holidays, family and friends have been echoing this thought as well, saying things like “Whoa, it’s been a year already? And next year you’re off to UK??” And I’d be like, “Err, yeah..". With God’s will, and all goes well, UK campus here I come!! ☺

So what can I say about first year here at Nottingham? A lot really, but not all of ‘em can be put effectively into words. Suffice it to say that this past year has been an absolutely great and awesome one. I’ve learnt so much both academic-wise and non-academic. Although at times the demands of the pharmacy course could push stress levels up high, (to me at least) I reckon that’s completely normal and indeed, it’s what pushes us forward to do the best that we’re capable of. Now all I’m wondering is what second year has to offer...

As a fresher, there’s bound to be some things about university life that needs getting used to, but once we all got the ball rolling, those weekly piles of reports and courseworks weren’t so bad huh?  It felt good to meet new people in the Pharmacy course from other pre-university programmes and from other parts of the world too. Differences aside, it’s great to see that as a group comprising of more than 100 students, we’re able to work together in most circumstances and help each other out in studies. I must admit though, that with such a large batch, there are still some people that I have yet to get acquainted with. Haha..  Not to worry, perhaps next semester then??

  It’s been an enjoyable year indeed, filled with many memorable moments as I’m sure everyone would agree.. In the end, words do no justice to express what the heart feels. Just to wrap up this brief post, here’s me wishing the best to everyone, be it seniors, fellow batchmates or even any juniors who might be reading.. May the future hold great success for each and every one of us.. ☺
                                                                                                                                                                    Amirah Md Nor

------------------------------------------------------------------

Nottingham University Malaysia Campus definitely provides a conducive environment for me to study. Besides having good lecturers, what I appreciate the most is having one of them as my personal tutor to assist me during my first year in university. As a student staying off campus I learnt to be more independent, helping out each other and that creates deeper bonds among friends and course mates. In this course, learning the fundamentals in a broader sense gives me a different perspective of science and chemistry, it is not just theoretical knowledge but lab sessions enhance learning. I enjoyed the lab sessions especially during preparing and dispensing medicines. I have learnt a lot and looking forward to greater exposure in coming semester!

 Leong Hui Wen

No comments:

Post a Comment