10 September 2012

The "Pharmer's" Mind in UNMC -- 4 --

     A big HELLO to all of you guys. Hope all of YOU enjoyed your holidays and started to prepare yourself for the coming year, coming semester. ^^ Thanks to Mag, I am here to share my bits of my 1st year’s life in Nottingham.

     Well, I am considering one of those few pupils who applied before the semester start! (Maybe the last one! XD) When my A level result was out, I was like, “Huh? What should I do now?” It took me centuries to decide that I am going for Pharmacy at Nottingham and by that time, it is 2 weeks before 1st year start. Thanks to Dr. Tung, I am officially a PHARMACY STUDENT of Nottingham.

     University’s life is totally deviated from school’s life. Stay away from family, no more mom’s cooks, minimum entertainments available here, mountain of reports and assignments from weeks to weeks, and etc. Most of these never have I encountered before, but surprisingly, I managed all of them with my bare hand quite finely. Even though I lost plenty amount of SLEEPs during this period, but everything is totally WORTH. At here, I learned to be independent (away form parents means you have to do all the cooking and laundry and bla bla bla YOURSELF!!), to be hardworking (with all those genius in the class, you have to work extra harder than before!!!), able to manage my time PERFECTLY (time management is a crucial part in Uni if you don’t want any of your works compiled in a stack.) and etc etc.

     Aside from all these, what I treasure the most, at here, is all of YOU! Meeting up with some awesome people like you, You, YOu and YOU is such a wonderful thing. Being in the same class, celebrating events and festivals together, discuss and argue for reports and assignments, study like mad in the same environment for exams, and not least, hang out together after class, cooking in the same hall, and lots more memorable things. Friends have occupied vital part of my university’s life. Without them, I can’t tell what will happen. XD I do apologize if I done anything wrong and accidentally touch your feelings. Sometimes I just don’t realize it. No hard feeling, okay? ^^

     Overall, I am satisfied with my performance but yet there is still room for improvement. It has been sure an amazing year for me and I am really looking forward for the coming years at here and also in UK.
By the way, my target of the coming years is to memorize all your names and faces. I am kinda weak with names so please forgive me if I shout out the wrong name in front of you. Haha.

God bless you and good luck. ^^

Siew Soon Yew (Sebastian)



No comments:

Post a Comment